The Beauty of Stone Fireplace Designs
Fireplace features have evolved to include many jaw dropping stone fireplace designs that are the gorgeous focal point to any room. Stone fireplaces are more stylish, trendy, rustic, cozy or classy and elegant. Fireplaces made out of varied stone facades are absolutely stunning with their creative designs, where the stones can be arranged in such a way that they can swirl, twist, and transform any living space.
Whatever your home décor is, nothing adds timeless elegance to its architectural beauty than stone. Stone fireplace options are available in a wide variety of materials, such as limestone, soapstone, slate, marble, and granite. Natural stone is more favorably used in a fireplace setting because they are more durable and heat resistant.
A natural stone fireplace can be designed in many different styles to enhance any room and to compliment a specific design style. The stones used are also available in a varied array of colors, patterns, and materials. They are guaranteed not to crumble, splinter, or fall apart, even when used everyday and the stones can be used to anchor mantel pieces as an added décor idea. A stone fireplace further increase the value of a home, especially with high end finishes.
The versatility of a stone fireplace is varied, especially when you add surrounding architectural pieces. Here are a few jaw dropping stone fireplace designs that add beauty, romance, balance, and harmony:
- a stone fireplace with a rustic focus, by placing an elongated mirror above a mantel. The mirror frame should compliment the natural stones used in the fireplace, especially in the hue color, like sage, taupe, or caramel.
- a stone facade fireplace that covers a whole wall with a sleek stainless steel gas fireplace centered in the middle. This design is the perfect combination of a contemporary and natural style.
- when a natural stone fireplace is flush with the floor, use a mantel with a similar or complimentary color that surrounds the stone. Place a uniquely designed screen in the front and you have achieved the perfect ambiance.
- many people enjoy the look of a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. Use a mantle-piece with colorful accessories on top for adding a visual and physical warmth to the room.
- sophisticated moldings are a great look when it surrounds a marble stone fireplace. Hang beautiful pictures or mirrors on the wall above the stone fireplace.
- mirrored panels that flank a stone fireplace adds depth and dimension to a room.
- flank a stone fireplace with custom made cabinetry that can hold a big screen TV, books, media equipment, or some unique display accessories.
There is nothing more elegant and fun to decorate a stone fireplace, than different styled mantle-pieces that can be made from different materials and finishes in wood and metal, to compliment the fireplace stones. Depending on your home décor placements, individuals can add mantel shelves or surround mantel designs. Stone design mantel arts styles can add a distinct architectural feature with varying wood types. Mantels should be chosen to fit your living space because a mantel larger or thicker than a fireplace, will make the room look off balanced and smaller.
Natural stone fireplace styles are available in a dazzling array of architectural styles with aesthetic peaks. There are curved stone facades as a beautiful design element. This curved design gives homes or offices a chic sense of modernism and minimalism. There is the sleek, funicular form that adds shape and an arched stone work canopy. The linear shape of a fireplace is appealing with pieces of stone stacked on top of one another in different horizontal sections. In a natural hue, people will also love the modern, simple design of a square box and rectangular shaped fireplace with an interlocking facade design that enhances a home’s modernistic lines.
Great looking mantels and glowing fireplaces naturally creates a warm and cozy atmosphere, both indoors and outdoors for the family and friends. Natural stone fireplaces accent perfectly any room in the house. They are elegantly featured in the kitchen, dining room, enclosed porch, bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, and family room. Modern fireplaces are easy to install and are portable and contemporary fireplaces are convenient and unique, blending comfort and functionality with the ability to move these features anywhere they are needed.